"In spite if warnings, Arnhem’s General commander, General Kussin took the wrong and was killed by British Glider Troopers."
From A Bridge Too Far
"Let’s make guns more like cars. You have to carry insurance at a cost of $1000/yr or more. You have to be licensed. Guns have to be titled and recorded with the state. Guns must have a conspicuous license number displayed on them, which must be renewed yearly at a cost of $100 or more. Guns have to have multiple redundant safety devices like seat belts and airbags. You need a key to operate your gun. Every aspect of gun production and sale would be heavily regulated. Guns would be recalled if they have defects. Guns should have a counter to show how many times it has been fired and that number has to be reflected on the title whenever a gun is transferred. We would have a new federal agency dedicated to gun safety and reducing gun deaths. You would have to present your gun periodically for inspections to make sure it is not a danger to the environment."
#i'm not usually a sarcastic shit but this seriously deserved it
Car Accidents and Gun Accidents.
ALL OF THIS.
WHY DON’T WE HAVE THIS YET???
- Registering guns? What? You mean like the NFA registration enacted in the National Firearms Act of 1934?
- Firearms licenses? Taxes? Permits and classes are required by several states. ATF Tax Stamps, tons of tariffs. Let’s think about this for just a minute. Why would you want to place a huge economic burden on a device that could potentially be used to save someone’s life? Do you hate poor people and think they shouldn’t have a right to self defense?
- A firearm license number? You mean like a serial number, which is already present? You can tell almost anything about a firearm by its serial number. Year and place of production, whether it is stolen or not, etc.
- Safety systems? You mean like gun locks that come with most firearm purchases, or multiple safety systems on the firearms themselves (in case you don’t understand, these already exist, my pistol has 3 safety features, plus the 4th safety system, me, the operator).
- A key to operate a gun? Oh, so I can fumble with the lock when I really need to use my pistol in a hurry to defend myself? Great idea.
- There are so many laws about firearm production and sale that it is ridiculous. Know anything about 80% lowers? Can you tell me what the NICS is?
- Gun recalls for defects? This is also a thing. My Springfield had a recall, they fixed it and sent it back to me. This just in: companies don’t like to sell defective products. It turns out that selling broken things is a bad business model.
- A rounds-fired count? You know, this is actually a pretty cool idea. Definitely the smartest idea on this post. That way I could use it to gauge usage when making a decision if I want to purchase it or not, like mileage on a car. Start a kickstarter, OP, you could make lots of money if you patent this.
- A FEDERAL AGENCY RELATED TO GUN SAFETY AND REDUCING GUN DEATHS HOLY SHIT WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!1! Like the ATF, or the CDC (which has published numerous reports on how guns are actually a good thing for people to have because of self defense and crime reduction reasons, seriously, give it a google), or any other three letter federal agency that is responsible for enforcing existing laws?
- Making sure a gun is not a danger to the environment? Yeah, global warming comes from all those firearm emissions. The giant cloud of smog in Hong Kong comes from all the guns that the civilians own there.